- This event has passed.
June 11, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm$106
Maybe you are interested in starting a makerspace at your school or in your classroom? Perhaps you already have one but are looking to improve it? Creating a makerspace at schools has proven to provide powerful opportunities for students to learn and develop new skills in a real life context. This workshop will give participants a view into what other schools are doing in their schools and libraries. There will be opportunity for those who participate to create and MAKE while exploring and discovering what components make up a makerspace and how to utilize these tools to encourage innovation and creativity in all subjects, from STEM to the humanities. You will learn some of the new digital (high tech and low-tech) tools used in schools so that you can create or improve your own makerspace in a way that works within your budget and specific situation. This session will leave you with ideas about how to create curriculum in all areas and how to do it in a more affordable way!
“Participants will have the opportunity to explore:
– Design Thinking
– Cardboard and More (MakeDo and Rolodex)
– 3D Printers and 3D Design
– 3D Scanning
– Claymation, greenscreening and Digital Storytelling
– Soft Circuits (eTextiles)
– Makey Makey
– Little Bits Circuits
– Programming and Hour of Code using Scratch, Tynker, Bitsbox, Bloxels and more!
– Ozobots Bits Robots
– Finch Robots and Lego Mindstorms EV3
– Google Cardboard, Expeditions, and Virtual Reality in the Classroom
…And much more!”